His smile and his passion, we’d missed him so much,
His curly hair flying in the breeze.
And now he is back in defence and attack,
The Geezer that’s David Luiz.
I had a new banner to show him I care,
I held it aloft at the game.
I wanted to tell him how much he’s adored,
As well as just singing his name.
He turned and he waved in the warm-up and so
It made me quite weak at the knees.
As now he is back, in defence and attack,
The Geezer that’s David Luiz.
We then beat the Tottenham in true Chelsea style,
A tough game of character won.
The fans were all cheering, I waved my flag high,
Cos beating The Tottenham’s such fun.
Then David came walking and whipped off his shirt
And gave it to little ol’ me.
A hug and a thank you, a moment unreal,
And my heart beating fast as could be.
His smile and his passion, the way that he cares
For all the supporters he sees.
He’s our Geezer once more, the one I adore.
The Geezer that’s David Luiz
© Carol Ann Wood
Index of Posts:
- Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
- Georgie Porgie
- Shirt Man: Sign Of the Times
- Anthem For Doomed Yoof
- If Carlsberg Did Birthdays
- An (Extra)ordinary Boy
- Mummy’s Precious Prat
- World Cup Fever
- Don’t Be A Wannabeeeeeee
- Ray’s Chelsea Story
- I was a Butch Wilkins Babe
- That Day Will Never Come
- Plastic Clearout
- Back To Basics:
- Lazy Players Don’t Work Hard
- The Transfer Troll Is King
- The Night The League Was Won
- A die-hard Chelsea Woman
- Breaking News on PieGate
- Chinese Puzzle
- Older Fans Matter
- Bradley Lowery’s Goal
- The Geezer That’s David Luiz
- You Are Old Said The Mail
- Dear Lady Brady,
- Dear Matthew Harding,
- In Memory Of Matthew Harding: 26/12/1953 – 22/10/1996
- Geezer Love
- Love Letters From The Stand
- Costa: More sinned Against Then Sinning With apologies to The Bard Himself. King Lear (3.2.49-60)
- Reunited: The return of David Luiz to Chelsea
- Hello Again, Geezer!
- The Rumour Mill
- Half a chance?
- Dear TV People,
- Rhyme and Treason
- Your Breaking News Ain’t Breaking Us
- We Didn’t Want Him Anyway
- Closing In
- The Blame Game
- How They Destroyed The Beautiful Game
- Till Death Do Us Part ….
- Ossie – King Of The Bridge
- The Ardent Armchair Die-hard Supporter
- The Day A Dream Came True
- The Toddler’s ABC Of Football
- Save our Claudio
- Once upon a terraced time
- The Night We Were Robbed
- Oh for the Cup Winner’s Cup
- The Football Fan’s Trap
- League Ladders
- He Doesn’t Go
- For Matthew
- Big Man
- Back To The Future
- Rare Find
- The Football Supporter’s Guide To The Close-Season
- From The Hearts Of The Fans
- My Poetry, My Football Club
- Judged by association…
My bespoke poetry service, Diverse Verse
About the author
Contact the author
Follow Carol Ann Wood on Twitter
NOT Just Saying: Carol’s comments on feminism, fashion, food and folly
Only in Erinsborough Carol Ann’s fun look at the lives and loves of the characters from the Australian soap, Neighbours
Please note that any advertisements which appear below these posts are placed there by a WordPress algorithm. They are not indicative of any endorsement by the author.