Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
A match in which all players excelled, and which we probably should have won, were it not for the annoyingly excellent equalising goal of an ex-Blue. Nevertheless, a game packed with skill and a day which ended in such personal joy.
Saturday 29 September 2018
If Carlsberg did birthdays, they’d do it this way:
A trip to the Bridge on a fine Saturday,
A pretty good game even though we conceded,
But defence in fine fettle was just what we needed.
And afterwards, heading to Babbo to dine,
An evening with friends, some nice food and fine wine.
Then came a surprise that was better than best.
Our Geezer turned up and I truly felt blessed!
To celebrate with me he’d given his time,
And this made my birthday unique and sublime.
I thought I was dreaming, but no, it was true!
The Man Of The Match, and his gorgeous Brubru
Were sitting beside me on a night I will treasure,
Their kindness is something I can’t even measure.
Now, players can sometimes get negative press,
And so this occasion was a time to redress
And show the whole world how a player should be.
My own Carlsberg birthday Luiz gave to me.
© Carol Ann Wood
My bespoke poetry service, Diverse Verse
About the author
Contact the author, or follow this blog
Follow Carol Ann Wood on Twitter
NOT Just Saying: Carol’s comments on feminism, fashion, food and folly
Only in Erinsborough Carol Ann’s fun look at the lives and loves of the characters from the Australian soap, Neighbours
Index of Posts:
- Shirt Man: Sign Of the Times
- Anthem For Doomed Yoof
- If Carlsberg Did Birthdays
- An (Extra)ordinary Boy
- Mummy’s Precious Prat
- World Cup Fever
- Don’t Be A Wannabeeeeeee
- Ray’s Chelsea Story
- I was a Butch Wilkins Babe
- That Day Will Never Come
- Plastic Clearout
- Back To Basics:
- Lazy Players Don’t Work Hard
- The Transfer Troll Is King
- The Night The League Was Won
- A die-hard Chelsea Woman
- Breaking News on PieGate
- Chinese Puzzle
- Older Fans Matter
- Bradley Lowery’s Goal
- The Geezer That’s David Luiz
- You Are Old Said The Mail
- Dear Lady Brady,
- Dear Matthew Harding,
- In Memory Of Matthew Harding: 26/12/1953 – 22/10/1996
- Geezer Love
- Love Letters From The Stand
- Costa: More sinned Against Then Sinning With apologies to The Bard Himself. King Lear (3.2.49-60)
- Reunited: The return of David Luiz to Chelsea
- Hello Again, Geezer!
- The Rumour Mill
- Half a chance?
- Dear TV People,
- Rhyme and Treason
- Your Breaking News Ain’t Breaking Us
- We Didn’t Want Him Anyway
- Closing In
- The Blame Game
- How They Destroyed The Beautiful Game
- Till Death Do Us Part ….
- Ossie – King Of The Bridge
- The Ardent Armchair Die-hard Supporter
- The Day A Dream Came True
- The Toddler’s ABC Of Football
- Save our Claudio
- Once upon a terraced time
- The Night We Were Robbed
- Oh for the Cup Winner’s Cup
- The Football Fan’s Trap
- League Ladders
- He Doesn’t Go
- For Matthew
- Big Man
- Back To The Future
- Rare Find
- The Football Supporter’s Guide To The Close-Season
- From The Hearts Of The Fans
- My Poetry, My Football Club
- Judged by association…
Please note that any advertisements which appear associated with these posts are placed there by a WordPress algorithm. They are not indicative of any endorsement by the author.